Misafara

For we are Gods masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Eph. 2.10

Mitt foto
Navn:
Sted: Trondheim/Nairobi

Afrika-trotter, fysioterapeut og misjonærspire.

tirsdag, oktober 10, 2006

Karibu Kenya!

Now there is no way back, I have moved to Kenya and already started my work here. But there are few complaints yet. Today we had homeoffice by the pool, making a trainingprogramme for MYSA's senior soccerplayers. (One of the best teams in Kenya!) And the pool is in my own backyard! I can easily get used to this. The time spend by the pool is of course not the only thing I've been doing, and are going to do. I have been to the city centre and got a bit scared, I have travelled by matatu and gotten even more scared. The city is very huge and confusing, and the local bus (matatu), well, what can you say.. It is not the safest transport, with drivers driving like crazy. But I have to admit, it is fun!
My apartment is good, with water-toilet, shower and a kitchen inside. A bit different from Mozambique. I'm sharing apartment with another Marianne. She is also a physiotherapist and has been working with MYSA the last year. It is good to have a person here who knows the city, and can tell us what our work will be like. Us, for those who don't know, is me and Hilde. Hilde is the other physio I'm going to work with this year. She is here with her Kenyan husband, and her two extremely charming girls. They live in the same place we do, just in another apartment.
Tomorrow I will go to the gym at MYSA, and do some rehab training with some of the players. Guess I don't have to say that this will be a great year! And I have some spare beds, so you are very welcome!
Pictures will come later, I haven't forgotten my promise Hilde! And Larry, I live next to the YAYA centre. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

ALRIGHT!! Sjekk ut den franske skolen ved siden av:)

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Sanna Marie said...

Heyhey. Nice to hear you're enjoing your time in Kenya, but I miss you already!:)

7:49 p.m.  
Blogger Hilde said...

hei, long time no update for both of us..bra du har d fint, vennen. Sikkert ganske travelt. Visst du at den fantastiske svenske forfattern Henning Mankell jobbe i Maputo? Gis, David og moi va paa foredrag m han, aa han snakka BARE om afrika, glede mae vilt t aa dra paa besoek no, juuhuuu!!!

9:41 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Kanskje skolen ska sjekkes ut ja, har jo kjoert forbi den saa mange gonga no..Og Hilde, velkommen!

4:12 p.m.  

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home