Misafara

For we are Gods masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Eph. 2.10

Mitt foto
Navn:
Sted: Trondheim/Nairobi

Afrika-trotter, fysioterapeut og misjonærspire.

lørdag, januar 19, 2008

Quality time

Two weeks before leaving Norway again, I really treasure the time spent with my family and friends. My whole family all toghether is a rare sight nowadays, but today celebrating my father's birthday we actually managed to gather everyone. Not for long though, my brother soon flying off to Rwanda for 3 months, my sister moving to Holland and me returning to Kenya for another year. But the next time we meet it will still be the same laughter, jokes and friendly quarreling. :)

Getting ready to travel, I'm still not sure how things will work out. Greedy, ignorant leaders hungry for power, don't seem to care if hundreds of innocent people die and their country gets ruined. Kenya has suddenly changed from a peaceful country to a country where people are fleeing their homes, and fearing for their lives. I just hope and pray, that it will be possible to put pride and greede aside, and start caring again.


The whole family gathered in our favourite asian restaurant


African evening at my place, where the guests could listen to Kenyan music while enjoying meat, chapati, katchumbari and ugali.


My grandfather, still going strong at the age of 97. Who could tell? :)