Misafara

For we are Gods masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Eph. 2.10

Mitt foto
Navn:
Sted: Trondheim/Nairobi

Afrika-trotter, fysioterapeut og misjonærspire.

fredag, mai 04, 2007

Alien in Kenya

I'm an alien, and we aliens have to go through a lot before we are approved. Not that this is any different for other aliens around the world..

Do I like walking down the streets, being stared at, shouted at, whistled at, or asked to be someones wife? Do I like not being able to walk alone after 7 in the evening? Do I like always having to explain things over and over again before anyone even have a tiny idea of what I'm talking about? And do I really like running up and down, in and out of different offices and banks, using more than 7 months, after having paid an enormous amount of money, just to be allowed to work as a volunteer in a country?

Yes, I'm an alien, just about to apply for my alien card, struggling to be a part of something different. And no, I don't like all these things.. But why then do I get sad when thinking about leaving this country? And why will I most likely join the group "I'd rather be in Africa", when I return to Norway?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

stay strong, Marianne, ting ordne sæ :)

11:01 a.m.  

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home