Misafara

For we are Gods masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Eph. 2.10

Mitt foto
Navn:
Sted: Trondheim/Nairobi

Afrika-trotter, fysioterapeut og misjonærspire.

søndag, mars 25, 2007

A taste of the unknown..

"Come on Hilde, we deserve this.."

An invitation to an orthopedic surgeon conference in Mombasa. Of course we deserved that, after all our hard work, and as if we would ever get this opportunity back home in Norway..

So now I'm back in Nairobi, my head full of new knowledge. My stomach is empty though, no more breathtaking buffets, just an empty fridge..
This weekend has been great, not time for beachwalks, but a lovely hotel, very hot weather, many new people, and a LOT to learn. I'm lucky!

These last weeks I have really begun thinking of all the things I would like to learn, all the things I want to do, places I want to live, places I would like to work.
A lot of opportunities, that's for sure. I have realised my life hasn't turned out the way I had imagined at all. Some years ago I didn't see myself doing any of the things I am doing right now. I was happy with my decision to be a physio, I would finish my education, find a work and settle down in Trondheim. A good and safe plan. And I was very happy with it. People should do the things they are happy with, right?
But of course I had to go to Mosambik, and it all started. Too many choices, to much things to do.. I have realised I'm probably not going to have the life I planned, and it is somehow a bit annoying. Many things would have been so much easier..
Luckily I'm not deciding these things by myself, if that was the case I would have been a nervous wreck by now, but..

I know that I can make it
I know that I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in your hands

With Jesus I can take it
With Him I know I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in your hands

-Kirk Franklin-


Isn't that true? I'm not alone in deciding what I should do in my life. I'm not sure I should do all the things I want to, or what I think is best. So I'm trusting God to help me with everything, He has started it, He has a plan for my life, and for sure He will be walking the rest of the road with me. My job is to make sure I'm following the right path, not moving in the wrong direction.

While springtime is coming back home, I'm smelling the rainyseason just around the corner. This is the longest one, but how bad can it be?? Yesterday I was trying to find out;

- "This rainyseason it will mostly rain during nighttime right??" (Hopefully asking..)
- "No, not in Nairobi. There it is known to rain from 7 in the morning, till 9 in the evening. You should go and by some boots and proper clothes as soon as possible.."
(Smack..So much for that optimistic thought..)

And after the rainyseason, comes the winter..
But still, I'm happy! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristian said...

Kjent mæ veldig igjen i den posten her Marianne, livets vei og hva man ska gjør/utdanning/jobb blir ikke alltid som man tror. Gud har en plan med alt og alle og det e ikke alltid man finn ut av det før etter en stund! Det e hvertfall min erfaring:) Stå på!!

10:51 a.m.  
Blogger Hilde said...

nairobi is doing you good girl! Den postn der kunna æ ha skreve, heh..vi e i samme båt after all.

8:35 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hmm..Kloke ord begge to. :) Godt båten e stor så det e plass te flere enn mæ der. ;) Og Kristian, stå på du og! Apropos..Har du funne ut kor du ende opp te høsten?

8:23 p.m.  
Blogger Kristian said...

Begynne på NISS i Oslo hvis æ kjæm inn:) musikkproduksjon

10:35 p.m.  

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home