Misafara

For we are Gods masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Eph. 2.10

Mitt foto
Navn:
Sted: Trondheim/Nairobi

Afrika-trotter, fysioterapeut og misjonærspire.

søndag, oktober 29, 2006

Survival-kit

After some weeks in a new city you learn a lot about how to survive. Some things you learn because other people tell you, other things you learn simply by making your own mistakes.
At this time I have invented the "Nairobi survival-kit". This kit you should always carry with you, every time you leave the house.

- Toilet-paper. There are a lot of different toilets around, but the thing they have in common, is the lack of toilet-paper. Good to know..
- Anti-bac. Often not a lot of opportunities to wash your hands during the day.
- Ear-plugs. When you're in a "disco-matatu", it might feel like someone is putting a knife into your ears.
-A bottle of water
-Sunblock, sunglasses and something to cover your head

Back in Norway I used to think wallet, phone and keys. Then I were all set to go.
Here it is a bit different, of course you need the fantastic survival-kit, but you also need to think: Have I brought anything that I can't afford being stolen? If I bring my camera, I know that the last pictures taken, is safe in my computer back home. If I bring my VISA card, I know that my other VISA is safe in my bedroom. When I bring my phone, I have already made a list with the phonenumbers. And the computer..Back-up disks, or simply always leave it at home.